15th Mar 2023
Core Return Policy and Refundable Core Deposits
At TURBOS.COM, we take pride in providing our customers with high-quality turbochargers at low prices. In order to preserve these low prices, we offer remanufactured turbochargers that require core returns or core deposits.
What is a Core?
A core is the old or used turbocharger that was replaced by the new turbocharger purchased from TURBOS.COM. We require customers to return their old turbocharger, also known as the core, so that we can reuse and remanufacture the turbocharger. This promotes raw material recycling and has a positive impact on environmental issues by requiring less energy to produce and using 75% less raw materials. Recycling these turbocharger parts will keep metals, plastics, and other materials out of landfills for many years.
Refundable Core Deposits
Refundable core deposits are added to turbocharger orders to incentivize customers to send in their turbocharger core. Cores are submitted by customers and gradeIf a customer does not own or wish to provide a core, the core deposit will not be refunded.
Core Return Procedure
To return your core, you must first contact TURBOS.COM customer service to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. The RMA number must be included on the outside of the shipping box. All cores must be returned within 30 days of the original purchase date.
All cores must be returned complete and in rebuildable condition. Cores must not have any physical damage, such as cracks, holes, or stripped threads. Additionally, the core must not have any missing components, such as the turbine wheel, compressor wheel, housings, or wastegate actuator.
- Contact TURBOS.COM to initiate the core return procedure and receive an RMA number
- Core returns are accepted within 30 days of the order delivery date
- The core must be a rebuildable and acceptable core per our core acceptance criteria
- Cores must have the original OEM tag and not be disassembled or altered in any way
- Core returns must be OEM turbochargers, not aftermarket turbochargers
- Customers are responsible for the cost of shipping the core to TURBOS.COM
- Once we receive the core and it has been inspected by our team, we will issue a refund of the core charge within 15 business days
- Cores are graded based on several factors including missing components and condition
- Cores must match the vehicle application and specifications as the turbocharger purchased
- If a core has missing components, damage, or is not a match to the purchased turbocharger, the core return may be refused or a partial core deposit refund may be provided
- Core deposit refunds will be issued in the same manner as the original payment was made
Core Return Shipping
The customer is responsible for the cost of shipping the core back to TURBOS.COM. The core must be shipped in a box that provides sufficient protection to ensure the core is not damaged during shipping.
Core Deposit Refund
Once TURBOS.COM receives and inspects the core, we will issue a refund to the customer's original payment method within 15 business days. As previously stated, the core deposit refund amount will be based on the core's condition, completeness, and match to the purchased turbocharger
There are some situations where a core return may not be accepted. These situations include:
- The core is not returned within 30 days of the order delivery date
- The core is not an Original Equipment* turbocharger
- The core is not in rebuildable condition
- The core is damaged, missing components, or has been disassembled
- The core does not match the turbocharger purchased from TURBOS.COM
TURBOS.COM reserves the right to refuse any core return that does not meet our core return policy requirements.
We hope this policy provides clear guidelines for our core return procedure. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about our policy or the core return process.
Thank you for choosing TURBOS.COM for your turbocharger needs! We appreciate your business!
*Original Equipment, also known as OE, refers to the parts or components that are manufactured and installed by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in a particular vehicle or product. These parts are specifically designed and engineered to meet the exact specifications and requirements of the manufacturer for that particular vehicle or product. OEMs include Ford, General Motors, etc. and their respective subsidiaries. Tier One turbocharger OEMs include Garrett, BorgWarner, Mitsubishi, IHI, etc. and their respective subsidiaries. Turbocharger cores produced by these OEMs are the only acceptable turbocharger cores. Aftermarket cores will not be accepted.